At mamaghar for tika, holi and lunch, puri-tarkari, walk to Naya-Baneshwar unharmed, veg momo lunch at random place, tempo to Purano Baneshwar, walk to Hanumandhoka, wild celebrations, I come unharmed mostly, rot-tarkari at 6 [Mon 6]

I'm writing these journal posts for March four months later, because of issues. I'm not ashamed of the fact, and quite proud actually that I got around to writing them, eventually. Let's get on with the meat and potatoes, shall we?

This was Holi day, so we went to mamaghar for putting on tika and light holi celebrations, plus puri-takari for lunch. Yum yum yum, so very good.

I wanted to explore what it was like to be in Kathmandu these days, so I walked around. I was also trying to find a cafe or restaurant to crash at because there was nowhere else to go, and there was nothing open, and the places that were, were full of drunk aggressive people so I just kept on moving. Kept going and going until I ended up at Naya Baneshwar.

Found a khaja ghar, and needed a place to rest, so in I went and got myself some veg momo. Lots of girls behind be makin' tiktoks and making fun of me, should have tried to talk, oh well.

Took the tempo to purano Baneshwar, and then walked to hanumandhoka from there. And ohh well oh well well welll. Things. Were. Wildin'. Like literally wildin there, now I understand what people talked about when they talked about the wild holi celebrations. It's literally a wild dionysian mess of bodies and colors and shouts and chants and pukes.

Ugh, so much puke, all over the place. Gross. And people selling bottles of beer hand over hand for 500 rupees. So enterprising!

I was pretty much entirely unharmed until I got up to the tempo stop back home when some asshole threw a  handful of color at me. I cleaned it up, and it was alright. Got out pretty clean.

Kathmandu has become a lot more respectful and nicer on holi than back in our day.

Took tempo to Purano baneshwar, came home and had roti-tarkari at 6, at work in the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.