Shoe-finding issues, and the first amazing day of the wedding [Fri 5]

first day of the wedding, Lhasa restaurant for lunch momo and shafale, I walk around in  downtown and fail to find good shoes, expensive shoes for the wedding, slow trains screws my plans up, a failed uber ride, awaiting the next train at union station, the wedding!, meeting friends and catching up, crashing at the latenight couch in Hudson NY, meeting friends from all over the world for the wedding!

It was the beginning of the wedding festivities!

In the morning I went out in search for a good shoe for the wedding. I went to Lhasa restaurant in East village and got momo and safale there. Just mid, better food could be had in Queens for cheaper. Then I walked to Downtown in search for good shoe stores. Marshall's didn't have any shoes my sizes. The next 3 stores were there just to 'trade' sneakers, which drove me insane. This entire fucking city didn't have one fucking place to buy decent shoes. Anyway, I got a super expensive pair at camper's and walked to SK's place. It was hot as fuck.

I got ready and headed to the station just in time. Except apparently the train system was having issues and the train wouldn't move for 15 minutes. I'd miss my Amtrak if that continued. So I bailed out on that, and ordered an uber instead. I coulda rushed the guy, but didn't because online they said the trains had been delayed. Well it turns out the trains hadn't been delayed and if I'd hurried I coulda made the train. Anyway, i chilled and relaxed at the waiting room, and got the tickets to the following train.

I reached Hudson NY and walked for like 3 minutes to the location of the wedding! It was amazing to catch up with my college friends, and their partners. I didn't drink, but I did tease a bunch of my friends. Everybody's doing such exciting stuff.

I got together with my old gang, and at the end of the night all of us went to a bar for after-party. My ground was boring and we didn't party much, so we took an online taxi back. The bengali driver was very excited to meet me, and so very chatty.

I crashed the night at their place. Felt yucky, but better than going to NYC in overnight vehicles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.