Cool things that we did today

Missed out both the posts yesterday because we were too busy doing cool things.

First, we made donuts (NG did) during the afternoon, they were the fluffiest donuts I've ever had and really tasty.

In the evening we made buckwheat rotis, with black-eyed pea hummus, our regular salsa, and I added some kimchi on the side for myself (the rest of the gang didn't). I'd been thinking about this combination for a long while now, and I'm glad it worked out so well. Two things that'd make this even more awesome: really thick goat stew cooked until meat is real dark (screw the meat, don't care about the meat), and some tasty green veggies, sliced pretty thin. And that would be the end of that. yum.

Maybe I should start writing down recipes.

Next on my list is making a dessert from an unexpected ingredient -- I'm thinking using beans for making cookies or brownies or even ice-cream like things. Not sure how the material-sciences part of that would work but I'm hard at work to figure it out.

Also, I want to bake better breads, and do more interesting things with them. Breads with sweet beans in them anyone? They're already done, but I want to  play in that field, some exciting potential there. We'll see, dear god this is getting so boring already I'm dozing as I'm writing this. What the what.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.