Friendships and soppy sentimentalism

If I could redo my life again, since grade 4/5/6/7/8, would I do it again? That's the question I've been thinking over the past few weeks. I've thought about it in the past, but the past few weeks have provided me with abundant spare time to consider pointless possibilities.

When I was younger it was an obvious yes. I'd play the stock market, I'd play other markets, from all I knew about the future. I'd ask my crushes earlier, I'd learn so many things, I'd use my existing knowledge and to grow to prosper. To become rich, successful and liked.

And then I started thinking. I wouldn't end up with the same people, some I would never know. And it'd be weird for me to be familiar with others, because of circumstances. And all that success and wealth, what would I do with it, what do I not have now that I'd have then? A nice house with a large backyard where I could grow my fruits and veggies, a chill life that wouldn't have me working too much. Would would be there to share all of that, besides my family? And even then, if I was focusing myself on 'growing' and 'learning' and being 'rich and successful', what about that even.

And then I realized I wouldn't have the same friends. Because in that circumstance, I'd want to leave Kathmandu at the earliest to be ahead, I'd miss out on those two 'wasted' years, I'd miss out on the time spent in MIT house, the time spent over the winters and summers, NH, DC Virginia and everything that's brought me to this point. I'd lose my connections and friendships.

So my answer is no. Even if this wasn't a trick question I don't want a do-over. I'm happy as I am. I can grow and I'll grow, but there's nothing about where I am that I'd change.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.