The best goddarn eggplants I've had in recent memory

NG made persian eggplant stew yesterday, and today we turned it into a 'veggie biriyani' by combining the leftover stew with a cooker full of rice. It was the tomato paste, the perfect eggplant texture, and that it was drenched in oil. So good. One of the best goddamn eggplants, and great lunches I've had in recent memory. Took three extra helpings, and that's saying a lott because I don't like rice, at all. Joked that if PL hadn't gotten lunch easier, there may not have been any for him.

Apparently they make it with beef but we made it without the beef, and barely any spices but turmeric and a very very small pinch of cumin. Khoresh Bademjan they call it apparently, I don't know what it means but 'lunch of the Gods' would be an accurate description.

Was in great mood for the rest of the day. Even though we took out from folks' favourite (ish?) Japanese restaurant for dinner, the homemade leftover lunch was the event of the day. Hashtag memorable lunches.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.