On Wegman's Website

Okay I don't know if I've written in detail about my love for wegmans but I love wegmans because it's got Whole foods quality for trader joe's prices. Anyway this post is not about wegmans at all but their website which I came across yesterday -- we were hoping for an online pickup order and spent like 25 minutes going through it and ohh man what a pleasure that website is to use, you just go across the pages, and add to your card, and the cart is organized by the department the items are from, and things just work so well, it's responsive, it reflects the 'physical' store, the errors are informative, the site is just so friendly in general. I wonder, if wegmans can make such a fun and friendly website, why other retailers can't -- or won't, and what that says about organizational culture when a company that's known for its friendliness and love and adoration from its customers creates a website that can evoke similar emotions towards their digital offerings.

Also, the Cava website is exceptionally good, like suspiciously so, apart from the fact that you need to create account to be able to order from it, but it doesn't matter because you can just put in fake name and all the details, just put your card details write, and then delete your card right after, and then change the fake details of the account, the other unimportant ones, to be even more random so no ones cares anymore it's like you didn't even create the account at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.