Walks at last

Went on a walk around the block the day before yesterday -- three rounds of the block, and did a couple more this afternoon. Realized I'd missed so much of the smells and sights and sounds, the cold air on my skin the birds skin, basking in the greenness of the trees, ahh such small pleasures in these extraordinary times.

Funny thing, I made sure to take long and wide strides, to get my glutes and knees working. NG and PL made fun of me because my legs were shaking and shaking the whole goddamn apartment after we were back. Which means those limbs are finally getting the workout they deserve.

Speaking of workouts, the pushups and crunches are out, haven't done them for a week now because...didn't feel like it? At some point when you've not left the house for weeks and been cooped up inside the room, day and night weekday and weekend reality versus simulation stop mattering because it's all the same there's nothing exciting interesting to look out for. What is the point of the workouts even, I figured. Now that I'm walking and having fun with nature, I should get back on the regular workout. It should be fun.

My plan for tomorrow onward is to walk half-an-hour in the morning and again in the working before and after work, as a 'commute' of sorts, to tell my brain I need to separate work from non-work. It's hard to distinguish things from each other, everything's blending in. Hopefully this attempt is better than the ones gone by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.