This is my agriculture mania time

I've spent like seven hours day today minimum, looking up agriculture videos on youtube, doing research, searching academic journals, and generally getting into the feel of being someone reallly into farming. Happens to me like for a week every three months or so. I mean I don't give it up entirely and one day when I'm bored enough it'll sneak up I'll read up get psyched only to be disappointed later when I realize that I don't have the land or physical resources to get any of that done. Even community garden I didn't get a slot after two years of waiting because everything's taken oh man how different would my life be if I'd gotten the community garden slot that I'm still in the waitlist for.

It's the future though, I know it's the future, that's what I want to do, with a lot more on-the-ground experience, but I know for sure that's the direction I want my life to take.

Here's an idea for someone in Nepal looking for a quick business idea. Guaranteed success. Glow lamps that are used to warm up tiny chicks are expensive, dangerous and consume 250W. Heated metal sheets with adjustable wooden legs, short enough that the tiniest of chicks can barely sneak in and pretend they're being brooded over by mother hens and tall enough to accommodate 6-week-old chicks. Look up 'flat electric brooder for chickens' on youtube. Sell it in Nepal to chicken farmers etcetera. They're a lot less dangerous, and consume only about 22W. Which is an order of magnitude better, and probably also better for the chicks. Oh and chicks can stay warm and cozy, or not depending on what they feel like. And the larger chickens, if they're around, won't bother the little ones. Just do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.