Dating: Seattle, New York, and getting my shit together

It is a universally-accepted fact that dating for single men is much better in NYC than in the tech-heavy West-Coast cities. Seattle particularly isn't an ideal place to find a long-term partner. Doubly so if one doesn't want to get deep into the tech-heavy vibe, and would rather just live. Chill, relaxed approach to life generally is easier to come by in NYC. It sounds wrong, but it's been my experience that the Seattle extended circle isn't chill or low-key. Life is hectic and crazy in NYC, but people aren't all clamoring to be on the top.

And that's the best thing with the city. The diversity. You can find all sorts of people in there. They might not be your perfect partner, but you see a diversity of thought and approach to life. That isn't as easy in these woods.

As I roamed about more residential blocks and saw people, it was clear to be that NY-ers are more approachable. They are more open to the possibility that life might take them into interesting directions, and they'd be willing to make the jump. We'll talk more about this in detail at a later post.

It's not all free, for sure. One wouldn't find their ideal partner right away either. The potential does exist. One must just be willing to take it and run away, make of it what they wish. Seattle is stuffier.

Is it just me, though? This consideration of moving East and the NY-Seattle consideration has made me question my agency. Am I doing enough to drive myself to my destination? What are my expectations out of life, and where are the actions to get there? If things stay the same, will it just be same grass in a different place? Why bother with such a disruptive change just when I've gathered up a group of sorts right here.

Community, eventually, is the most important part of any place for me. I didn't move to Seattle for the weather or the seas and trees. They're my favourite, but they weren't the cause of the move. I moved here for the people. The people have grown here. There the community will have to be built from scratch. We're still talking dating life, but what's partnerships without a supporting social groups?

So many considerations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.