Review of the Lhasa restaurant in East village

I went to the Lhasa Tibetan restaurant in East Village for one of my NYC lunches. Quick review follows.

The ambience was pretty decent: a classic old-timey 'nice Nepali restaurant' vibe. It's definitely not 'casual' in its vibe. The staff were nice and courteous.

I ordered the mixed-veggie momo platter and mushroom shephale. The momo platter was pretty decent and gets very high marks. The mushroom shephale was too oily and too doughey. Four pieces of fried dough with mushroom for one person was a bit much. I'd rather have ordered something else in retrospect. It was not a summer food at all. It was fine, and by the end of the meal I was bursting at the seams. Besides that it was all decent.

7.75/10 stars for the restaurant. I'll got again only if somebody recommends the place specifically for something that they excel in. I tried it and wasn't specially impressed. I'd rather just go to Jackson Heights and explore the multitude of Tibetan restaurants there than overpay for the same items in the East Village.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.