Review of Nebula and the bollywood night we went to on the evening of Wednesday

The three of us, Sk, his friend the strange person, and I went to Nebula -- an event space by Times square -- on the night before July 4th. We had the 'free' tickets to the place but they charged us $40 claiming they were valid only until 11.30PM. I didn't mind, it was surprising they were selling for free anyway. I'm confident it was all a ruse to bring people in. I won't complain. It's fine, whatever.

I liked the vibe? It was not as bad as I imagined. The boys were a bit to angsty, as if they had something up their asses, and not staying in the same places. If you're agenda-driven in a club you don't have fun. I wanted to dance, and lots of dancing was done. There were some guys that were weirdly protective of the women in their group who wanted to dance, but besides that it was loads of fun. Chill people, chill vibes, I didn't get the drinks anyway. The door prices were extremely sus and felt kinda' scammy, but that's the nature of these things.

This was my first 'bollywood event' in the country. I found the music to be pretty decent. The vibe was chill, and I like being one of the more cool and fun people in the dance floor. My group's vibe reeked of desperation but it's not on me, I didn't care. A large number of people, mostly the dudes, stood by the sidelines sulkily drinking and watching others dance. Whatever. Didn't care for that. I had so much fun and def got fourty bucks worth of fun.

I would go to a similar event again, but not sure if it was worth the $40. I want a clearer communication of the door prices and don't want to feel scammed. Otherwise it was a pretty decent event. I liked it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.