24 hour laundry in East village vs Queens

The NYC-specific posts are ending, after three days and tens of thousands of lines of laboring over them. I'm glad. Just a few more.

What's the deal with laundromats and NYC? I figured they would have 24-hr laundries everywhere in the city because that's how it's supposed to work. That's what hollywood told me. Not so, because I took me forever to find a place to clean my clothes in East Village, and all of them opened at 9am and closed at 9pm. Ah, I thought, maybe that's not a thing anymore, since covid. But then I went to Queens and they have rows and rows and rows of 24-hr laundromats all over. Maybe my friend's neighborhood in East Village is unique because they have modern buildings with cleaning machines in the basement, so those stores are not needed?

Somehow those machines had to break down exactly at the time I had to use them, alas. What a fiasco that was. I really needed/wanted to clean my clothes, and schemed for two days to get it to work, but unsuccessfully. So unfortunate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.