Even medium-priced food in NY was just...meh, have I gotten better at cooking, or am I a crankier eater?

New York food was much better than Seattle, that much is a given. Unfortunately I didn't get to explore it too much because my timetable was inflexible. The places I did go, including tibetan restaurants, delis, and a bunch of other random places, failed to impress me. Every time I thought, huuuh they're charging wayyy too much for something that's quite simple. You don't want to be at a restaurant and be wondering what exactly it is that you're paying for. That was the case for me. It was still better than Seattle.

Perhaps I'm a better cook, now that I'm a fully-ripe adult. Have a gotten cranky and old maybe? Either way, I talked about this with friend PL and he says they (ng too) feel the same about 95% of the places. That seems about right. I like some more affordable mexican places and good pizza places, but the fancy places are just crap. Absolute trash. Never have I been so disappointed as with Zaika before.

The best food I had in NYC was halal cart foods. Maybe they have recipe somewhere, ways to save on the hard work and make it a part of one's everyday meal. Because that would be great, even if I can make that food at half the cost it takes to buy them. I'd much rather spend $5 to make an $8 meal than the same money to make $30 meals. They just don't do it for me anymore.

As prices rise, one imagined the quality of food and the quality of ingredients would too. Pity. Pity it's not the case. What a fiasco it is.

Perhaps next time around I should be more adventurous about culinary choices and keep open to being impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.