The insanity of Amtrak weekend prices for rich people in NYC

The most unnecessarily expensive part of my NYC trip was the Amtrak ticket prices. I spent as much money traveling 2 hours North of NYC on weekend trains over two days as I did going to NYC and back to Seattle. It turns out the trains are priced for rich white folks who need to relax out in the catskills. The trains give them the added benefit of not having to drive, and the ability to get drunk. The trains were nice, clean and classy. And so. fucking. expensive. Extremely not worth it. I could have rented a car for six days and paid for gas for every single day, parked it in NYC, and it would have come out cheaper than what I paid.

Oh well. There was a bit of suspicion that it would be the case. Earlier ticket-buying would have slightly ameliorated the issue. That wouldn't be the end-solution. There is a lot of disappointment in me. The upside is I know better. If the move east happens, I ain't doing hudson shit again. Drive me there mofos. Or I'm out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.