This is definitely way more of a journal than a blog now, so what?

This is 95% journal at this point. I can't pretend of having a blog anymore. Until quite recently I was able to say I have a blog and some journal posts in it. Now it's all journal posts. Fiction is rare, and 'fun writing' even rarer. Is that bad? I hope not! This blog has fucked up my writing practice. That is not because I write a lot. I have nobody to give feedback on what I've written. A practice without a guru is like a journey without a map. It was quite clear I'd get lost in this glorious travel. But now I have a teacher. Somebody who points me to the right way, who tells me where the monsters are. That's a great fix.

I'm thinking of shaping our sessions into more of a writing class than essay production. Tonnes of writing practices and limitations will help me tighten up my thoughts. Freewriting is the worst-way to trigger creativity.

Good things are coming to my writing practice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.