"We're all old and balding, man," transitioning to mid-thirties and reconnecting with everyone

This will be a quick one.

I used to be unsure about being vulnerable in front of my college friends. During the wedding, I casually mentioned that I'd rather not take off my dhaka topi as I was rapidly balding. In came in the chorus of replies from guy friends: just take the meds bro, midoxinil and the rest. There's no shame, everybody's doing it!

My Nepali friends are doing it, that I know. I figured Americans would be shier, or more afraid, or maybe not into it? The fact that people I went to college with are all doing it makes me feel better. Like this problem is not just mine, we're growing older together, and our experience is a shared one.

Feels good. Still not sure if this means I'll be back on social media to connect with everyone, but I'm glad I got to see all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.