A very disappointing slice of pizza: review

On the way back from work stopped by Mortadella head in Davis Square because I'd been to the sandwich place that occupied the location called Deli-cious and liked it. Deli-icous was great, and most importantly it was a reprieve of affordable food in Davis square.

The new place was expensive...as in a sandwich worth $14 expensive. I decided to get something that was cheap because I wasn't hungry and didn't want to waste money on something I wouldn't enjoy -- and ahh the carbs. They sold pizza by the slice, I figured why not, if I've had 7-11 pizza -- almost did it this evening to before deciding it was too much -- and it's nothing to be shy about. I got the cheese pizza.

Bad idea. The bread was...quite bready, fluffy yet chewy. The cheese was non-existence, the sauce a disappointment, there was no 'greasiness' that gives even mediocre pizzas the extra oomphh and most importantly it was cold. Even after being warmed. It stuck on my teeth, and made me want to just...cry a little bit because what a disappointment. And such a big helping too, a bit too much, to be quite honest!

The place looks nice, it's photogenic and it's the kind of place you'd go with friends if you wanted to get cool pictures taken didn't really care for what you were eating because it's all carbs and your tummy needs carbs. A place with ambience but not much else.

Would not recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.