First day of work

Welcome to the helltown that is commuting in Boston. The commute that I lie to friends and family about being 35 mins long will take me a solid hour and ten minutes. Because I take the public transport like a poor person, and poor people's time has no value according to the mbta. It's not about the strict logistics of the thing, it's how unpredictable and unreliable the buses and trains are, and how even the gps tracking is all messed up and it'll only mislead you and hinder you to were making accurate plans.

My friends are all leaving, the commute is a serious pain in the ass that I can't take anymore at all because I've seen the other side and it's glorious, the infrastructure of this third rate global city whose prices are as expensive as a first rate one is breaking apart and there's nothing outrageously extra this place offers over comparable cities in terms of quality of life or job opportunities.

Why am I living here again? The past ten years have been great, it's time to call it quits while I don't yet totally despise the city. You'll hear more on this in the coming weeks and months. I meant to put this out more gradually and easily but enough is enough this is it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.