Early to bed [Thursday 5]

I'm writing this the next day in the morning because went to bed super duper early, and didn't have any time to write.

Got up very early, wrote a bunch, spent a long nice time showering, did the morning workouts, took my sweet sweet time walking to Davis listening to Twenty Thousand Hertz podcast among others had my earbuds lose their charge, wrote two posts in the train, got to work, lots of tea, lots of research stuff at work, wrote a solid amount.

Ate oatmeal with a bunch of healthy additions for lunch. Opened the pack of chia seeds after maybe a year of buying it. Talked to my manager, got a raise, got a bonus. Had lots of midday snacks. They have this system where you can 'sponsor' aka bring your snacks of choice to work once or twice a week (and have it paid). Had baklava, the red red cheetos that's wild I shouldn't have finished the entire pack kept reminding myself I'm not enjoying this and it's all extra unnecessary calories anyway but ended but finishing the entire thing, and then some greek coffee biscuit. It was the greek desserts cart, and it was awesome!

Left work like ten minutes early because no one was around anymore, took the green and orange lines to Wellington, a bus, and spent time at Aldi. It was quite weird this time around because I was not hungry and all quite full actually because of the midday snacks and tired to unclear why, but I had to buy so I kept picking random things up and putting them back because there was so much uncertainty on what I wanted. In any case, got a bunch of canned and frozen things because I'm not in the cooking mood these days, got to welligton, on the train, and the 101 bus home. Started writing a piece on the bus, but was unable to complete because I got home too early. It's one of the pieces posted earlier (or later) and it sounds weird because it was rushed. As if everything here wasn't rushed haah.

At home heated the jalepeno poppers, the garlic bread and warmed the canned tomato soup, had it for dinner, watched or listened to a couple of episodes of The Office with roommates PK and BB. Felt quite full and tired perhaps because of all the carbo-loading, decided to take a short nap before doing the workouts and the evening writing. Got up like four hours later. Said hi to semi-roommate I who was going back home, roommate PK was ready to sleep too, used the restroom and went back to sleep. Felt bad about missing the workouts, but figured skipping a day this early on wouldn't hurt because my arms are actually quite tired from the day before. The writing was a loss, but if I got up early the next morning (aka right now) I'd be able to make up for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.