Homegoods fedex and pushups, plus politics [ Monday 9]

Got up super duper late because this was the first workday after the end (or beginning?) of the daylight savings time and also because I slept very late in the morning last night since I was watching the world crash and burn with the economic downturn thing. In any case, got up late, took a shower, spent forever catching with the finance stuff, wrote a bunch got distracted -- really need to cut trash information consumption. Left for job at 8.35 in the morning, took the bus, train, green line and job. The trains were really empty, likely because it was so late, some say there's still spring break left but it's likely due to the covid virus thing.

At work, took it slow and researchy, heard back from an internal recruiter for a job in the west coast for a conversation tomorrow, really excited about that. The wework breakfast was alright -- french toast...the first round I had it savory with hot sauce, the second round with the syrup because I was unsatisfied. For lunch got the apple and the peanut butter, I need to finish the apple before I leave for my friend's place.

Had a couple of meetings in the afternoon, more productive work, but mostly a lot of unproductive work where I learned to make options trade, a 1:250x trade with a really low chance of working out -- if Russia and Saudi become good friends and US oil companies end up doing amazing in month and a half, I'll end up doing amazing financially. But it's unlikely. I understand it was mostly gambling, but I had the money lying around, no big deal.

Listened to a lot of the office today, none of my regular podcasts, didn't feel like it, already overwhelmed by everything that's happening around anyway.

After work went to USPS (unsuccessfully), Fedex to deliver the electronic device, and then to another USPS to buy a crapload of postcards. Walked around downtown crossing, spent a long time strolling around homegoods, took the red line to davis, got some of the writing of previous posts done. Texted friend I who's doing research on subcontinental politics a lot.

At Davis considered going to 7-11, ended up going at the other sandwich/pizza Italian place, which had great seating but crappy food, check out the earlier posts for review. Walked home disappointed, spent like 45 minutes in my bed, more reddit twitter and other distractions, talked to roommates (semi-roommate I was back, after a long time!), headed into my room to write a lot more as roommates SM PK and I debated politics (roommate BB went to sleep) in America.

Did pushups between posts, and here I am almost 11.30, ready to go to bed, all cleaned up and everything. Will do 30 more pushups (making it a total of 60, will to situps again tomorrow) and I'm all set. I need to get caught up on the workouts but I've been out of shape for a month so it's going to take a few weeks. It's fine, I'll forgive myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.