The most humungous sub [Sunday 1]

Got up to podcasts, got washed up, greeted several people out in the common room because it was 11PM and roommates PK and SM had invited friends for goat meat. They'd gotten like 5 pounds of quality goat meat.

However, since the entire production takes several hours, they weren't able to process everything on time, ended up ordering momos from Tasty momo as pre-lunch as they prepared lunch. I wasn't too hungry that early in the day since all I'd done the day before was to sleep as talk on the phone. A bit later, when they were ready, I got myself a really large eggplant parm sandwich (a twelve-incher, possible larger) from the nearby Italian bakery which also makes amazing tiramisu. I was so so full I felt sleepy at 1PM. Talked a bunch to RSS, BP (the one who went to same college as my friend in Central square) and Bis bro, who was over from Canada.

Spent a couple of hours during the day trying to unlock my luggage. The security people had opened my luggage, without leaving a notice, and reset my numerical lock. The actual key was in the low hundreds, but for some reason I started from the other end, so I ended up trying every possible combination, making sure to double-check that I didn't miss anything because it would be real literal hell to do it over and over. Called home to family, asked if they knew alternatives, even though it was very late in the evening there, and all they had to tell me was to try every combo possible. It was actually my dad's idea, I was just considering cutting the lock because it was such a hassle. Got it right after a really arduous and mind-numbing hour and wanted to call it a day. A big lunch and a great heist-worthy unlocking of the luggage, I deserved a solid nap no?

Lounged all day long, realized how long it had been since I'd just crashed on our comfy couch, watched tv, talked to folks, didn't do anything and felt amazing about it. BisBro left at about 4 with RSS and the group dispersed. I was tired and knackered by 8, couldn't keep my eyes open and went to bed. Slept without trying, or meaning, to because my body just couldn't handle. This was guilt-free enjoyment. Loved the couch, such great times. Skipped lunch because I'd had enough lunch to last three days for lunch and dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.