Unpacked at last [Wednesday 4]

Writing this the next morning, the Thursday because I was really caught up with everything else pretty much, and really tired, didn't have the time to write the day's happenings.

Got up late, worked from home because I was still ill and struggling quite badly, attended the morning meeting, got some solid lunch done till three in the afternoon, had some leftovers in the Kitchen for lunch, and read a lot lot lot of news on twitter reddit etcetera. I'm getting better at it, I realized the more in tune with my schedule and more organized I am the less there's distraction and attraction for junk addictive information, but there I was reading minute analysis of what happened where in the super tuesday without having followed any news of the primaries at all this winter.

Spent two hours in the afternoon chatting to customer supports for two different companies to get my parents' phones and other devices that were broken covered under warranty. After long and arduous journey of me doing and redoing what I was instructed, every process having been tried already in Nepal, they have up and told me to ship my phones. Not sure if I can make it today but planning on doing them tomorrow. Also have to send the goodies I brought from Nepal to friend IA who resides in upstate New York and is dearly missed.

Applied to several internal jobs of the company across various geographical locations and emailed recruiters for more information about the postings, and the possibility of talking to the managers who are hiring for those posts. Considering applying to other places too -- I did already actually, those attempts were rather half-hearted and not really worthy of being real attempts -- we'll see how things progressed.

Wrote in my 'other' personal journal that I also contribute from work, got to the regular 1k words in a long time. Also took vitamins after a break of more than a month. I feel strong and energetic already!

In the evening, it was the four roommates of the house together in the same place and talking for the first time in many months. Finally got up the energy to clean up the room and unpacked my luggage that I'd brought from nepal five days after arriving. After the room was clean and human-worthy, got around to doing pushups at last, did 60 of them. Also wrote the journal entries for the previous days and attempted writing this but too tired so gave up, got distracted by reddit where I wasted an hour looking other people's van cars and slept at 11. Went to sleep listening to episodes of the office.

It was good there was no commute, good riddance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.