Back to the T-ea [Monday 2]

The first day of work after a month, and I was looking forward to it. Got up really early, had showered the earlier evening, spent time cleaning up and getting ready, left home quite early and figured if I took the Orange line I'd be able to leverage it to get to work very fast. Alas it was not to be, as the bus took forever to reach Sullivan, and the wait there was solid 8 minutes. By the end of it, it ended up taking 55 minutes to get to work door-to-door.

At work, I was welcomed, it was nice to catch up and see everyone after such a long time. Brought in a tonne of titaura that I'd got from Nepal and shared it with the coworkers. Was really excited about the potato-egg breakfast that wework emailed about, but due to mismanagement there, it ended up not working out (they'd ordered it for wednesday morning, and I was not at work on Wednesday, so sad). TO partly make up for the missed breakfast, but also because I was not feeling a hundred percent healthy, drank like five maybe six cups of herbal tea over the entire day.

Went to my favourite sandwich place downstairs and ordered my traditional sandwich. These days they don't even need to check the numbers or call people out, they just look at me, see the cheap but filling breakfast sandwich order for lunch and hand it to me. Add two packets of mayo and two (maybe 3 is the ideal number) of hot sauce, and it's the most satisfying, fulfilling breakfast sandwich. I've never been as excited and satisfied by such cheap, regular food. I worry they could be annoyed by my cheap and different breakfast sandwich order during lunch, but it's not like they're missing out on other orders, and if I didn't order this particular sandwich I'd likely not order anything else, so I'm not backing.

Got started with work, all new stuff in the front-end pretty early on, it was easy to catch up. The work was simple to implement and had quick turnaround so felt satisfying. Left 4.40 in the evening, decided to take the Orange line because I was still hopeful about the future, still wanted to give it a chance. Nope.

The trains were late, the wait at the train stations was awful, and had to wait 15 minutes for the bus at Sullivan. The bus itself was super-slow, the trip ended up taking an hour and 10 minutes. It was frustrating and I felt really nauseous back home. The MBTA system places a big part in my decision to abandon the city I've called home for the past ten years.

Felt a bit bloated, whatever. Rested, ate light dinner, talked a little to international friends, and I couldn't hold my eyes open despite my best attempts. I really wanted to do the evening workouts and posts because I'd already done the previous three, but didn't have the energy or willpower for that, so fell asleep somewhere between 9 and 10 while listening to podcasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.