A corollary to cynicism

There's a rather cynical take on life that goes Life Sucks, and then you die. I'd like to present a corollary: Life Rocks, and then you get sick.

I haven't gotten sick, yet. It's just that a lot of my energy was sapped away by the four pieces of tiny mozzarella I had at Burger King's, and possibly two tiny pieces of cottage cheese I had at a Nepali restaurant. I'm still suffering. This is a new experience for me, because I started getting lactose intolerant this completely only quite recently. I need to get lactaid asap so I can live in peace.

And I need another minor ointment that I shouldn't have needed, but your skin decides to act up, but what can you do but go to the nearby medical store to get those. These are not at all big deals, it's just that they're inconvenient, and I don't like the fact I'm not as infallible as I often mislead myself into thinking. The thing about bad things is, they don't have to break you down at all, they just have to break down your conviction and willpower. Not that I'm saying I've had them broken today, but lordy was I tested. Minor issues can turn quickly into major inconveniences, and only the most privileged amongst us can deal them with great poise and ability.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.