Out and about [Friday 6]

Night-showering -- I started doing it a couple of days ago -- has been great, I can get up early in the morning, do light workouts and write a bit, without worrying about time pressures. There was so much free time yesterday morning, I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with all the free time. The evenings were going to be unfruitful and unproductive regardless, so no loss there.

Morning commute was pretty unremarkable, and work was slow and not too irregular. I had oatmeal for brunch, because I was going to the dentist's during lunch and there was no time to get something to eat. It was O.K. Work was empty by 3/3.30, and I got some time to work on the blogger CLI project I've been working on for the last few months. Simple version1 of the project is complete technically, all I need to do is add a bunch of important features and some security and I think I'm ready to put it to production. Pretty excited about that. Because the trip to the dentist took so long, I didn't go to the Friday farmer's market. I was kind of bummed about it, but it's alright, they're going to be back.

I was at work until 530 waiting for folks to show up, and we hung around work until about seven: the guys had beers while I had a little bit of almond milk. People felt weird I didn't have anything to drink. I caught up on last 10 years of photos and sent a few to friends. Memories man, haha, crazy times. It takes a long time for you to realize you were really a pretty bad photographer and had no right being being the shutter. I'm a wiser man now, all hail Google. After a lot of complaining and ambling about and cursing the MBTA and the B Green Line, we got to Allston to our friend S's place.

S moved into her place last weekend so her apartment was mildly underfurnished. Her room was great, and her furniture was pretty nice, etcetera... Dear god, the building was old and poorly maintained, they need to figure out a way to gentrify Allston, or make bigger houses or something. I don't understand how they can charge so much money for something that's so poorly maintained. I felt better about my living situation, so that's great now. S is a really nice person, and she has two pretty friendly and nice roommates and we had good times. We went to the Le's in Allston, and it was agreed we had an amazingly authentic experience. As in our table was so sticky, we couldn't unpeel our napkins. We then got back to her place -- no wine or beer because I don't know why everyone was acting like that -- and nerded out for a couple of hours with lame card tricks and 'puzzles'. The roommates weren't particularly interested by that, but we had a good time, and we didn't need alcohol or drugs to get there, so it all worked out for the best. By the time we got home (66, red line, and walk) it was past midnight, so it was a bit of de-veggying our teeth, brushing and to sleep. Good friday, it was a good friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.