Tamper, run, fast [Wednesday 18]

The morning was as usual, P and I caught the supposedly-7.55  bus which got in late, and I somehow ended up at work right about the same time I always get in. The train was suspiciously empty at Sullivan, and we wondered what was up -- summer is over and the trains are supposed to be packed like a can of...tightly packed food items that don't involve straining our natural environment beyond its capacity.

Since I was fasting, I didn't eat anything during the day but two tiny pocky's by mistake. Work was per the usual, except we made a big headway with our deployment, and I got to manage two mionions...I mean co-ops. I tried bailing out after pushing my changes and before testing, and my manager was confused as to why I didn't check the results, and I told him I was going to the entrepreneurial thing, which he was okay with.

Talked to family in VA, and dashain plan is set, I need to buy tickets soon after talking to my manager, look forward to the goodtimes.

After work I took the red line and then the bus -- now this one was packed tightly to the brim -- to the cafe in Somerville. At first it was a lot of people I didn't know talking to other people, about things I was not intimately familiar with, so I felt out of place. As the event turned into an networking event, and people started becoming more perceptive to talking to other folks, I had the chance to talk to a lot more people. I had to kind of make myself do it so -- since by bus was farfaraway, I had no option but to stand and chill, and the next obvious thought was, I'd rather be talking to people having potentially interesting conversation than what I'm doing right now. Which was twiddling my fingers and drinking water. And I'm pride I talked to maybe half a dozen folks, most of them weren't maybe in my field of interest, but one or two definitely well, and it kind of worked out.

When I got home, I was a little tired having walked for half an hour, and really cold. And pretty weak because I hadn't eaten anything for more than 12 hours. I watched The Office with my roommate to 'settle down', and kind of fell asleep on the couch. I ended up sleeping for almost 45 minutes, and was slightly disoriented and still very cold when I got up. I tried hiding in my comfy comforter, but it was no point, I was still cold. This reminded me of the awful winter days when I'd come back home, be too cold to do anything, and so just nap. I didn't want to get into that schedule...yet, anyway, so I did the only thing I knew would help here -- an early run. This is something I'm rather proud of, for it was the first time I've run during a fast, and also my first-ish time running after I've napped and too cold and ready for bed. It was a good run, I can definitely feel myself gaining stamina little by little, and will increase the lap count soon sometime next week.

After the run, and the accompanying shower and the rest, I took a look at the oysters, and wow, they're growing up really fast! I'm really excited about those! The soybeans aren't doing as well -- this is the second time they might end up failing, but at least I know what the controlled variable is here, and can fix that the next time around. Went to bed even before 11, fell soundly asleep, save for the one bathroom round, and got up a little to late because I don't know what happened with the alarm, but I never heard it or remember disabling it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.