Doctor, doctor [Thursday 5]

Work was reasonably productive yesterday. I got work done and didn't get too distracted, which is a noteworthy achievement. Went to the dentist at around the lunch hour, and got one side my jaw cleaned up. It doesn't hurt really, and even the big scary syringe that's metallic and doesn't look like a syringe even wasn't to painful either. It was the first time ever I noticed a syringe at a dentist's actually, I'd always taken it to be some sort of other implement. In any case, if there's some mild headache or illness I'm told it's due to the pain etcetera of the procedure, and I believe it. Going to get the other half done today, and I'm all donzo with that for several months. It's expensive and out-of-pocket, but it's taught me to get the best dental insurance possible, and to floss.

The Mediterranean place I got lunch has been growing on me. Their falafel's are pretty great, though I discovered yesterday they use hummus from a tub...I'm not sure if I want to go there anymore. The tub thing is not the main reason, though -- I got fries and six falafel yesterday, and it was ten freaking bucks. Like, that's too much, maan. And then dared to give me only a small dollop of hummus ugh. Over it.

I stayed around at work for until and hour after everyone left, to make up for the dentist time. It was a haunted place by 5.30, with crickets chirping and frogs croaking and mysterious spooky fog covering up the entire place. Went to the tech event after, and it was...okay. On one hand, they had creative pizzas (eggplant!) and the place the event was at had interesting drinks fountain (zero calories! all of them flavored water). On the other hand, the event itself was pretty dry, and the presenter was more of an engineer than a salesman, so... while the technology they were trying to sell could have been interesting, they were not selling it well. Walked home from Davis, and it was a pretty pleasant walk, I got home at 9.15. Since I already had gotten dinner, I tried thinking of other chores to do, had my vitamins, did the evening shower, and went to bed. It was an easy day. I still need to put the finishing touches to cleaning my room now.

My other writing journal is going to be a blog too, I've decided. With all the engineering effort and planning I was putting into it, it started looking more and more like a blog, so I figured instead of engineering one, I can just upload all the content to a private blog, and call it a day. So instead of a diary tool, it's going to be a custom interface for a blog, and that sounds fine my me. That way I can post updates from either desktop, or my cellphone, without having to worry about security or privacy issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.