Catch up [Monday 30]

Got up well-rested this morning, to a warning from roommate B who heads out a solid half-hour before we do -- the orange line was effed up. Despite getting up early and well-rested, decided to spend a good chunk writing (thus the morning post), so was pretty late by the time I left for work. Walked to Davis instead of taking the buses to Sullivan -- it was actually a fun walk, I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed this walk in early Spring. With this mode of commute, there's also nothing to complain about, the red lines are pretty regular and the walk itself has no disruptions. It's an uneventful but pleasant commute, although the best-case scenario for this mode is about as long as one of the best-cases for the other commute. Still, if I'm in no hurry, this is something I should consider doing more regularly.

Work was tiring and annoying. It took me an entire day to reset my password and get everything working, which also involved three calls to the IT, and a trip to the main building to use their wifi. One would've imagined at this day and age resetting your password would be easier, but ah well. When the robots take over, I guess we can judge their efficacy by checking how good they are at resetting passwords and making sure everything worked.

By the time I left, I was pretty tired and hangry, though my mood appeared to have improved when I got home. I tried listening to a podcast in my room, but I fell asleep for about half an hour. Got up to find my roommates making fun of me getting back to my napping habits. Watched a bit of black mirror with them, and then had oatmeal pancakes with the mushrooms I made over the weekend. I love those mushrooms no matter what anyone says about them. They're pretty gd great.

Caught up with NG and his Seattle & NYC trips. Apparently there's a restaurant in NYC called while in Kathmandu that's pretty great, and the persons there are all pretty awesome people. He was visiting RD, and apparently they got caught up well. Also met PB (the other one) and PR for brunch, and good [but hungover] times were had apparently.

Caught up with PLNG and the travels in the west coast, east coast, and the southeast. They appear to have had a great time, and a semi-vacation to take a rest from their real vacation. Going to VA this Saturday and catching up with them.

I bought my VA tickets for this weekend finally! The busride (eugh!) is going suuck so much, but it's a lot cheaper than the plane ride, and if I can reasonably get myself to sleep, it shouldn't be the worst trip in the world hopefully.

KM texted for catching up, need to reply and make plans for either this weekend (going to the Golang event on Thursday, and out on Friday, so it's either tomorrow or Wednesday, but there might be other things going on, need to figure that out).

Got back to running after a three day hiatus. Not sure if it's the habit of running regularly that's increased expectations, but it feels more like I'm jogging than running. Nothing against jogging per se, I just don't want to fool myself into believing I'm running when I'm really not. Two laps around the block are pretty doable now, I should consider upping that reasonably after I'm back from VA. Also, can do 10 proper pushups now (woo!) without breaking a sweat, so should start upping it to 15 (or 20!) during my time down 'south'.

Need to shower and go to bed soon. If I shower quick enough, I'll probably want to write something short later today before sleeping. We'll see. It's the last day of September, so need to get those postcounts in order!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.