Home early [Thursday 26]

This is the first journal to be posted on the day-of, because a night's gap between the day's events and journaling them causes me to forget the minor details. I begin thus.

Morning commute was really annoying, and I went in by myself. Work was not particularly productive -- I lost a lot of time in internal discussion about a feature I was working on, and there were a lot of conversations on what it should be rather than actually implementing it. Since I was feeling really really unwell in the morning (as I have for the past several days, mornings and days have been pretty brutal lately, my guess is due to lack of proper sleep), I left for home during lunch.

At home I worked for an hour or so, and talked to a good friend M for several hours, good times. I gave life guidance, and joked that I should be paid hourly for the job of a therapist, and a good advice-giver. A rate of a rupee an hour was established, and I doubt if I'm ever going to collect that money.

After, roommate P and roommate B got in, and I chilled out with them. P's friends came over, and I caught up with them. They ordered from Himalayan kitchen, which I'm boycotting currently because they used to give out water for free, but they've started charging for it now, and I'm not that into paying for something they were giving away for free. Additionally, the quality of their products is not that great, so it's not a big loss to be quite honest. In any case, I considered ordering from outside too, but it was raining, and I was tired and lazy, so I decided to cook instead.

I made many of fapar ko roti (buckwheat pancakes) in butter, and made them buttery. For the first couple of rounds, I cooked without eggs, but added butter to the last few rounds so they held better. The egged rounds held better, but I liked the texture and flavor (and the butteriness) of the eggless ones, so it's a tossup. I had dinner while folks were still talking, and decided to do a little workout (ten pushups, they should have been easier than they were this evening, but my hands were pretty tired, so that could be a reason why it wasn't a smooth ride. I need to figure out why my wrists hurt too, and figure out my posture). Then, it was a tossup between either going for a run, or writing this post (and potentially not running), and I decided to not go run because this way I can just get this out of the way.

Going forward, I'm going to run (maybe), take a shower, and go to bed right away, because honestly I should be sleeping and catching up on sleep. Need to head to work early tomorrow, and catch up on what I missed today due to the illness. Hopefully tomorrow morning I can get some productive writing done too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.