Catching over sleep [Monday 23]

Spent most of the day yesterday groggy and trying to catch up sleep lost over the weekend. Went to bed at 12, and got up late today, so while I'm not completely caught up, feel a lot better.

Commute was surprisingly pleasant and on time, they gave us breakfast at work, and I ate the french toast in the savory way, with spicy sauce. Work was pretty reasonably busy too, but not enough so that I didn't get any time to write. My coworkers went to chilacates for lunch, but I was too tired and groggy, so I ended up eating a lot of snacks instead. Because I felt so not-good, I left work at 3.40, and got home at 4.20. I fell asleep at about five, and took an hour-long nap. I tried for the following hour to go back to sleep, but couldn't, so I fixed up dinner, did lots of pushups, went on a run, talked to roommates (the remote control for our firestick has been discovered by Su inside our couch), and went to sleep. I should have tried to go to sleep earlier, but by the time I was asleep it must have been 12.15. Going forward, I should really try sleeping earlier, and maintaining a strict sleep cycle. At this point, it's sleep that's hindering most of my plans, as I get eating situation more in control.

Last night's writing wasn't particularly well-thought-of, because I was confused and the heart was palpitating, so I forced myself to write. I've never realized the importance of sleep as much as the last few weeks. Previously, since nothing else in my life was controlled, it was difficult to see what were the hindrances in making my life more stable, organized and discipline. I originally identified the causes to be food, sleep, and physical exercise. Since I've been working on the first and third not unreasonably, I can confidently say that sleep is the most important variable that I haven't been able to control yet. At this point, if I don't have it under control, my already-boring life is going to get even more boring, as all my days are bound to be spent on my attempts to catch back on sleep, with no success.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.