khyaanversations

Its ears erect, it sniffed the air. Head turned left, sniff, turn right, sniff. You are lying, it proclaimed. No one is here today. Cautious sniff. They won't be back home for two days. Sniff, sniff. It's time for you to change your sirak cover now, it said, as it looked curiously outside the window. You are mine, and you will do as I say. You know who I am, and what I can do. Haka was dumbfounded. His first --and only reasonable-- strategy of pretending as if someone was coming back soon had failed. He had no backups.

What do I have to do, he said meekly, I don't have a motorbike...anymore, and I am not a strong person. If you found a stronger better person they can follow your instructions easily, I'll just weight you down, he said hoping to convey his cowardliness and helplessness through  the voice. The Khyaak gave a raspy demonic laugh, like one of the demons from the Mahabharat tv series who had been smoking a pack of cigaaretts a day everyday for sixty years. It did not sound cruel, it was rather haughty. I know who I have and what I have to do. I don't need an assistant because I'm unable to do something. I need you to get these things done. Or else. Or else... you know the fate of all those...the Khaka left the sentence unfinished rather ominously

No I understand. All I'm saying is you may not get the best performance out of me because I don't have the necessary skills and knowledge to execute your missions, and you may have to do the tasks you assign to me all by yourself because I'm not very good at following any sort of orders. I'm just warning you beforehand so that you don't kill me or smite me or anything, I just don't know anymore,you understand, he said in a rather matter-of-fact way with a surprisingly professional diction.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.