Not so fast [Tuesday 10]

I tried a full 24 hour fast real fast yesterday, and made it to about 22 hours before I had to eat something. I could have gone for longer, but I wouldn't have been very productive, and would have spent the final hours just napping and watching tv without the final surge of energy. By real fast I mean literally no piece of food or energy in my body (save for two litte pieces of raisins because I couldn't help it) during the day. The other kind is the Nepali style of fasting, where only grains are considered food and people will ingest a lot of fruits and juices while still technically fasting. I'm pretty close to maybe 40 hours of fasting of that kind as of right now at 710 in the morning since I only ate some grapes and drank a bit of kombucha last evening. The plan for the next time [next week] is to start with a heavy breakfast at about nine, go the entire day without eating anything, and have the last several hours of the fast coincide with sleep so the entire thing is more bearable towards the end.

Yesterday morning was quite productive, I got lots of work and chore done, and am proud of how everything was in such order and so disciplined. Commute to work wasn't as bad as I feared, which is always great, and work was per the usual, besides the fast, but can't complain much there. By the end I could barely work, but in some ways, perhaps I could work better...(?) Got some work done, and automated a bunch of what I was supposed to do, only to find out a lot of it wasn't required, which is fine by me. Will probably wear better ironed clothes at work going forward -- felt a little uncomfortable when I realized my T was more crumpy than I had imagined. Need to keep that in mind. It was so cold in our office, and I seem to have lost so much of my body fat, that I was wearing a jacket at my seat, because the HVAC is broken.

I met a coworker on the train to work, and had quite a good conversation about our commutes, and families and her children, and I felt...social. It was great!

The commute back was also better than regular, and that was pleasantly surprising. Somerville has created a bus lane all along Broadway, from Ball Square to Sullivan Square, so our very disruptive morning bus commute, which can take anywhere between 12 minutes and 35 minutes should be generally quicker and a lot more predictable. Last evening I saw it only painted on one side -- going away from Sullivan, but I could see the chalk markings on the other side too. Exciting times!

Other people have fantasies of maybe sex, wealth, and power I have fantasies of an improved public transport system and more accessible housing, not just for me, but all those living near the city.

After I was back, I was quite low energy, though in the end I did complete everything in my tasklist. Well, everything besides one little thing -- I was supposed to setup the mushroom grow kit, but ended up not doing it because I need a proper container for it, and I gave the one I had on me to my roommate to keep his we-- uhh, smoking supplies. I could have just plopped it on the counter, but it would be kind of messy and not-good, so setting it up properly so it can last for longer without sanitary issues.

It was very tiring because of fast, so I involuntarily fell asleep for maybe an hour in the early evening as I was watching tv. That made me realize  I couldn't do anything with that energy level, so I ate the grapes and the kombucha, and completed the other projects, the major of which were bottling the kombucha, and working with the soybean sprouts. And also looking up information about the oysters.
Perhaps it was due to that sleep, or maybe it was because I was too hungry, but I had trouble sleeping at night, and could go to sleep soundly only slightly after 2am. I expected myself to be quite tired this morning, but I'm not at all, which suggests perhaps my nap lasted for longer than I imagined it did?

Considering taking the bike to work today, but it seems like such a big deal, not sure what I want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.