All in [Wednesday 4]

First day back at work after a break was very productive -- I was so busy doing my work-work there was no time to check the news etcetera. Got something new for breakfast [sandwich on a roll instead of a wrap] and understood the importance of being open about new experiences. No joke there, really, I figured I had optimized for taste-per-price for the sandwich, and was set on continuing that for as long as I could. There was a new server on the block [mr. owner himself], and I misspoke and said 'roll' instead of a 'wrap', since a 'wrap' is a 'rolled' burrito, I thought. They weren't the same, a roll is apparently like a flat bread, and it was pretty good. My life is too much right haa.

After getting home, I convinced my roommate to bike to Aldi with me. Our Aldi was just renovated, and I felt lost -- things don't seem...right for some reason, and nothing seemed to be where it used to be. It look nicer, but the aisles are so goddamn wide now, a lot of shelves are empty, and there's way wayyy too many counters now. Our aldi used to have 2 checkout counters and now it has 8 -- not sure if that's the projection of the extra customers the redesign is going to bring, or they want to process the older customers with the new system. Anyway, while the place looks nice, I'm yet to fully buy into it.

We biked there despite my roommates concerns. He was worried it would rain, I explained half the sky was clear and it had just showered and it was unlikely. He showed me the app. We got to Aldi fine, but halfway through our trip back we got heavily rained on and had to take shelter underneath a very leaky tree. We gave up on the entire thing after a couple of minutes -- we were so wet already we figured we couldn't get any more wet, and just then the rains stopped. The universe is not out to get you and there's necessarily no grand conspiracy of the gods against you, but sometimes it certainly does seem that way. Out of the hours and hours it could have poured down for, it rained for the exact three minutes we were the most vulnerable, unable to find cover against the rain. Oh well.

Got dinner of grapes, goat cheese, and roommate's cauliflower and rice -- I might start eating like a spoonful or so of their dinners once in a while not to seem like an entitled ahole. The two roommates who are coupled up figured out plans to get the other two coupled up too. There was talk of watching something new on tv, and I suggested The Good Place  -- the gang seemed to like it, and we made it to like the fourth episode. The gang called it an early night -- at 9.30-- and I, alone and bored, rammed through. Since I'd watched the first two seasons, I completed the third one last night, watching the series until 2am. It may have been a bad idea for a weekday, but it was worth it. I could definitely easily watch through four more seasons of the series, but apparently the upcoming season is the final one. Why can't we have good things ugh. I was pretty dazed, confused and sad -- the latter because of the series, and the former ones owing to lack of sleep -- when I went to sleep at a bit after 2. In summary, nott a bad day at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.