Move in but not away [Monday 2]

As vacations often are for me, yesterday was a slow day. There was the super-clogged toilet that needed the building sup to come over, then we went to the overpriced lunch place that made me a little disappointed. Then more hours of lawless rule-breaking (actually self-rule breaking, meaning not much discipline) and in the evening we headed out to the town. Walked around a bunch, and maaan Philly city center can be pretty when it's just rained and it's a little chilly and dark and you're walking past the cute little European style houses with the lamps in front of them. It's the kind of place and weather that makes you want to hold someone's hand. Then went to target where a saw a toy gun thing designed to blast out hundred dollar bills.

Got dinner at this pretty legit great south Indian restaurant called Ammas and we legitimately spent a very long time figuring out what we wanted and made our server wait a couple of turns. On the flip side he thought our indecision was pretty funny so...yay. it's a legit good place to eat, and their ghee dosas are incredible. The vibe I got from Philly Indian restaurants versus those in Boston was...different... They feel more modern in architecture and food, and seem less ashamed about being different. There's also no ridiculous ' 90's Indian restaurant ' aesthetic and music, and I was so down for that. On the way back we walked the Schuylkill trail, and talked about people we used to know and know, and you know talked about the old boys' network. Grand old time, I say!

My bus back to Boston was for 1am this morning. So I thought. It was actually for 1pm yesterday afternoon and I completely missed out on that until several hours after that. It wasn't a big loss because the tickets were cheap, and this hasn't actually happened to me for a really long while. Also, riding the bus all night long, to show up at work the next morning wasn't going to be ideal, so things actually turned out for the better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.