Nothing worth writing home about [Thursday 12]

Commute was late and frustrating as usual. Saw the cutest and the nicest woman on the train, and we kept looking and smiling at each other. And then I prematurely left the train because I wasn't thinking straight, and got nervous.

Work was per the usual, except a coworker brought kaju ko barfi from India, and I had four of them. They're the kryptonite to my knock-off superman. There was some really spicy fat bhujia too. It was so crappy outside yesterday, and I had already had way too many carbs in me, so I skipped lunch.

After work, I met friend Su in Himalayan Kitchen. I got there 20 minutes early though, so I went to the nearby BK and got a small snack: 4 mozzarella sticks and onion rings. I walked around Union square a bit, and then we ordered a bunch of items at Himalayan Kitchen, including paneer.

I'll say this right away, I was never the biggest fan of Himalayan kitchen, but now that they took away the nice offering of a water filter right in the counter, and started selling water bottles instead, I'm not that into it. You can't just dangle that over people, and then take it away. It has surely increased their bottom line, but they've lost all the goodwill they had from me. I will not be eating their food unless I absolutely have to. The veggie momos were...just okay, and the serving size for paneer was criminally small. Su and I talked at the tables for an hour maybe, and we started our way back home, because I was feeling bloated.

The bloat was of course my lactose intolerance acting up. I felt like an ill-blown balloon, uncomfortable and pushing the edges. We took a pretty long way to our houses, and it probably took us a solid hour and a  half to get home. There was a lot of serious conversation, about life, relationships, people we know, and what we'll be doing in the future, and it was nice catching up with him. We used to hang out a lot more in the past, but he's been busy with his school, and I... Don't know what I've been up to.  In any case, we made plans, and we ended up at his place here we had the hibiscus tea that he made, played couple of mario kart games -- I was obviously so bad at it -- and watched two episodes of The Good Place. It was a tiring day, so I walked back home to call it a day.

I was...not well...after getting back home. I felt something was missing, and wasn't the happiest. Then I realized the stomach troubles were being caused by the milk, and there were rashes on my feet that would need an ointment to clean up. It had already been a physically tiring day, and a somewhat emotionally vulnerable one too, so I didn't need another dump from the universe. I got sad, and --shall we say-- morose, so I wrote up the gloomy post from last evening. It took me maybe two hours to gather my thoughts and myself together. I skipped my evening run -- I was genuinely tired, and the evening shower -- I didn't feel comfortable enough to be showering, but I was generally in my regular form before going to bed. I turned on How Did This Get Made, which had just released a new episode ten minutes earlier, and fell asleep as I listened to it.

As I write this morning, I'm a little hungry, and a lot less glum than I was the evening before. I considered showering this morning, but didn't feel like it. It'll get better over the day. I need to figure out what triggers my gloom, and what I can do to have it not do that. Not sure if I'll post my non-journal post this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.