Hash, eggs and bread breakfast, massive batch of dal, to the airport and back in taxi, with parents, new arrangements [Fri 20]

 For breakfast I had potato puffs, eggs, and pan toasted bread.

Because ED told me to cook food for parents, I made dal. Put in so much cumin seeds and butter. A whole lotta butter. And tomato and onion and ginger and green chillies. Mixed red lentils and yellow lentils. Mis-estimated how much I should have put in, and made a pressure-cooker full of dal. Was almost afraid it was going to overflow, that's how wild it got. Cooked it for almost an hour-and-half. Parents loved loved it, it went really well by the crowds, but it lasted for almost ten days, and people were really sick and tired of it, and looking for any way possible to escape from it. In the future posts I'll probably not talk about this dal because you can't take photos of a specific batch of dal, but understand that implicit in the posts for the next ten days will be eating this specific batch of dal.

After work took the train to the airport, parents were already there, got a physical taxi back home because I didn't want to worry about uber and lyft and what not, and not the unpredictable prices, it cost 55 bucks including the tip. Parents unpacked, ate meal in the evening, we had a  lot of pedas, and setup a whole lotta sleeping situations. This will have been the first day in many many days where I'll have written very little to nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.