Some freewriting, because writing's been imprisoned!

 Mew mew mew, because you were married for as long as you were, you sit on the couch and eat pizza and drink whiskey at 3pm after you're divorced because it's strangely liberating. It's sad, it's fundamentally sad, but it's also freeing, there's so much space in your life, so much time for yourself. It's daunting, to have to figure out, what it is that you really want, you know because there's so many people around who tell you what  it is that you want? And you're back to zero, and trying to figure yourself out, and who you are and where you're at.

You've gotta make yourself a wholly functioning adult. You've got a daughter, you can't live a single dad apartment anymore, it needs to be a nice apartment. And you go online on those apps, and you become every LA phonies you've ever been! It all seems like the grossest LA party you've ever been to, and I'm like, let's just leave and go to Astro Burger! There was a woman in there who'd listed her job as a 'denim architect', and then I was like nope nope nope, this is not for me, oh god no no no, this is not for me. I'd prefer to be alone!

I don't need any extra humiliation in my personal life, there's already so much public shame and humiliation in my professional life. I'd rather prefer to be mopey and miserable. What's the option, be hypersocial, to distract yourself? So many horror stories out there, about that fking app, the celebrity dating app, I'm terrified!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.