I live in such a city, even the songbirds sing firetruck songs

 So this is the last day of the month and I still have like ten posts to go which means obviously I'm in a rush haha what a surprise am I right? On paper it should be easy, there's an hour left and 12 posts in a hour is not a big deal for me but remember I'm on the east coast time, which means it's only 8 out here West and I need to go for social things, by the time I come back it'll be far too late to get completed. Leading to me having to backdate 10 posts or more by a day. Done so so much worse but this was my opportunity to do better. Haven't lost the war completely but these unfortunate circumstances arise more than I hoped they'd.

City things, busy lives, clubbing, indie band shows, so much fun, right, you'd think.

Often, it is.

But the noise, dear gods the cacophony is intolerable, the sirens blaring all the freaking time day or night how anyone manages to retain sanity after living years with this I don't understand.

I was at the park earlier and I heard the strangest of sounds. It was a songbird singing, pleasant enough. But the sounds it was making sounded a little off. Not your traditional cuckoo song. Gave it a moment's thought and then I realized what it was. Songbirds will 'sing' whatever sounds they here, what's common in their surroundings. And because I live in the neighborhood that I do, the most common, most loud noise is that of the firetruck. So the songbird was making firetruck sounds, incessantly. Like nonstop. On and on and on, until I had to physically escape the park because I couldn't handle it anymore.

SO that's what my life has come to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.