This needs Kefir consideration

 The first four ish rounds of the kefir I made were amazing. The next three or four were extremely mediocre. Since then I've been improving, figuring out the effect of temperature and volume and the type of milk on the consistency and sourness of the final result. It seems that the nice expensive fancy milk that's twice as expensive as the regular one gives great result, the TJ's gallon milk is pretty medicore the way I'm doing. Warm temperatures take things to the extra extra and kefir quickly separates. In cooler temperatures with regular amount of milk, the milk doesn't separate but it's pretty thick and a little bit chunky. I don't like it, but that's how we'll solve the expense problem I guess.

The annoying thing is that my kefir grains haven't been multiplying as quick as I hoped, that way I could play riskier games with more experiments. That appears to not be feasible as of right now. Maybe the expensive milk is probably worth it?

The cool part is that it's giving me vit-D without milk ingestion and the lactose intolerance that comes with it, and also what a great refreshment to give to guests!

Water kefir hasn't been doing so great (next project), but eventually we're going to be making booze out of the whey from kefir, that's the plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.