The water kefir situation

 The long and the short of it is, I've run out of sugar, it's not going as fast as I hoped it would, and I don't even know what I should be expecting. I'm making something that I've not only never drank of never seen, and heard of only as a concept. The good news is that there has  been effervescence and gas production, so the kefir jelly is not dead. Yet. And it's eating sugar. The not-so-great news is, it's not reproducing quickly enough. And because the jellies began from milk, the water I put them still has the sourmilk stank. I'm supposed to be washing the jellies before putting on a new round, but haven't gotten around to it yet, whatever.

The hope is that I'll be starting regular production in the next week or so. Perhaps the after the next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.