Yoo the bubble tea places need to take it easy with the sugar/syrup

 I hung out with BC yesterday, we wanted to get bubble tea after. At 7.30 in the evening. We tried three different places, all two blocks from me, and all of them had closed by them. What's up with those stores closing so early. It makes sense it was during the weekday but still. Eventually we ended up at Drip Tea which is this expensive bougie place with 'designer' tea blends. Where we waited for 15 minutes to order and another 30 to receive our relatively simple orders. The one great thing they've got going on from them is that the doggie treats next to the door are incredible and Ruby the dog really liked it!

So anyway I'd forgotten the bubble tea situation, got mine with 25% ice, lichee bubbles and 'regular' sugar. Yikes. It felt like I was drinking thick sugary syrup. Way, wayyy to sweet, I couldn't taste anything else. It gave me a pretty big headache and my mood was off for the rest of the night. Don't like sugar overload, specially in thick syrupy form, why's this so popular.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.