Long chill walks are just so great

 I've been going out for long walks for a while now, since Boston actually, ever since the Pandemic became a thing (TM) but most eagerly since sometime late 2020. In Seattle they've been a lot regular, 10, 20, even 30k steps a day aren't unusual for me. It's easier because the weather's a lot more pleasant when it's good. Because the weather's not always good, good weather is way more appreciated, so I definitely make myself go out on a walk every time the sun's out.

And it's even more fun when you're walking in the parks, on the streets, overlooking the lakes, mountains and the sea with people you care about, teasing, eating food or whatever, slightly shivering because that's how Seattle be, in the silence. Silence is the best interviewer, the answers that emerge to break it cannot be generated by even the best journalist questions.

It's a great way to be at terms with nature, with friends and acquaintances, with your town and city, and ultimately yourself. What a pleasant approach to appreciate your being and the wonderful life you've been given, aaa.

Never has there been a terrible walk, never has my mood been awful after a good walk. Good things happen to people who go on good long walks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.