Will I ever improve at pool?

 Every time I play Pool (the snooker game) I pretend it's the first time I'm playing it. I'm terrible at it! You'd thing with the dozens of times I've played I'd at least improve my skills over the years but no, always just as bad. If not worse, actually, sometimes it's so so bad.

What am I missing, is it the lack of structured  and properly planned sessions, something you absolutely need to learn a new skill? And does that mean writing is similar, that I'm not getting better at it, potentially even devolving because I don't get proper feedback and don't pay attention to the words I'm putting out? Do I have the capacity to learn and improve at any skill at all? Do I have the discipline and the wherewithal to stay with something for long enough? Questions we must ask ourselves.

The plan is to spend a couple of minutes at the pool table every time I'm by one and focus on one specific skill, see if I can improve in one tiny thing at a time, and identify ways to expand that into a larger game.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.