Fudging up the fudge

 I made Betty Crocker's fudge yesterday, messed it up in several different ways. First I added way too much oil, which means it took a very long time to have it not be syrupy. Second, added more water than I should have, leading it to be crumbly and cakey, but not in a good way. Third. I added several extra spoonfulls of cocoa powder to it, making it even more crumbly than it would otherwise have been. Fourth, I added kefir instead of water, leading the milk solids to burn way way ahead of the fudge being cooked, which meant...the fudge was burnt. In general, the fudge is...alright, just extra cooked and not the ideal texture. Had a couple of pieces the next day, today, and it's okay but I wouldn't pay money for it.

One step at a time. Cookies are easier to play around with than fudge, that's the discovery out of this situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.