I prefer early to bed, early to rise, lots of sleep

 This post comes right after the post about going out clubbing after a long time. Kremwerk until 3.15, then walked home, asleep at 4.15-30. I ended up sleeping for 9 hours total, until quarter past 1, but the sleep score was disappointingly low. If this keeps up, I'm going to start having sleep issues again. Not good.

That confirms my beliefs: I enjoy the partying and fun-having and dancing, and submitting to the music, even being out and about, but not in the evening. Not at the cost of my sleep, no sir. I'd rather dance during the day, and go to bed right on time.

In recent past I've gone to bed at 9.30-11, waking up at 5.45, and it's been incredible. Feel so refreshed in the mornings, and don't feel asleep at all during the day. Motivation is not too high, but it's more about the momentum anyway, and if I'm not disrupting my life sleeping for 4 hours during the day, I'll be doing more things and having way more momentum.

So yeah, at this point I acknowledge that I'd rather go to bed early, rise up early, and have a long night of restful sleep. Even if that comes at social costs. If that's the ravings of an old fool, boring and unexciting, so be it. Emotional and physical wellbeing is important to me, and this where I find my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.