Rewatching Arrested Development

In the past week I got tired of watching Peep Show and Seinfeld on loop, and wanted to try something new. Something new, for the new readers of this blog, is something I've already watched and been comfortable with that I haven't seen for a while. And that happened to be Arrested Development.

I started at the end of Season 1 and now I'm on the middle of season 5. And you know what...I don't dislike the last two seasons as much. Season 5 is weird with Portial Di Rossi doing only greenscreen shots, but besides that, it's not terribly bad. And season 4, which I absolutely hated, nay, despite with a very guttural instinct has grown on me. Possibly because it's become clear to me, possibly with age, maybe due to other factors that happened to me (?) that none of the characters are supposed to be likeable, not even Michael or George Michael. So the fact they're both dating the same woman and sort of get into a fight over her doesn't faze me at all. Neither does the fact that this girlfriend breaks up with GM for selling his (fake) company to somebody else. They're all terrible characters who don't need to be rooted for.

A character who I'd absolutely loathed before who's grown on me is Kitty the assistant. She's really really funny.

Fun times!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.