Mastodon is making a comeback

Note for future me: I'm writing all of this in late-November because I feel bad about not writing a thing during my VA trip.

I joined mastodon five years ago when everybody thought twitter was dying and then didn't really touch it since. In the past several weeks everybody's been rushing to it because muskiboi seems intent on doing everything within his reach to destroy the 44bn acquisition. For the first time in a very long time, I'm an early-mover in those parts, and it's exciting. It's looking like there might not be enough people who'll move into it, so that's a bit of a bummer, regardless a lot of people have reserved their names in the new websites, and are working towards making a community. Even if there's not a mass exodus, it'll still be better than what it currently is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.