Early morning, alone with the doggo, panera lunch bought, failed hike, quick peak, photos photos photos, waterfall, confusion, dogwalking, wild walk and water, finally, fantastic Tacoma dinner [Sat 11]

 Got up early in the morning for the planned hike, the second one in the group of three that we planned. S, I, M, and I'd planned the trip to go to Mt. Rainier, and then S's dunderheads friends had made really aggressive plans to go with spikes and everything and then those dumbasses got drunk the day before and bailed out. So it was just the four of us in the end, plus the doggo M. No surprises there. However, I didn't know that until I was in the car, so I packed well for the cold weather as well.

Despite the plans to head out super early, we took of at almost nine, and stopped at two place, which undid all the early wakeup. The first stop was at a strip mall where S went to buy hiking boots, I waited with the doggo for thirty minutes, walked her around the parking lot and just chilled, it's fun. Dogs like me and I like dogs.

A little later we stopped at panera breads to get lunch for later. I got the veggie sandwich with apple on the side, note, the side apple was extremely mealy and the crappiest apple you can buy on the market. Avoid getting apple sides. The cashier had amazing eyes and a great personality, S and I were both about to give her compliments but things got too crowded at the place, so we just bailed.

At Rainier we got a parking spot right away, suspiciously quickly. I was uncomfortable about how easy it was to park, and it soon became what cruel game fate had decided to play with us. The trail we planned to go on, and basically all the other trails, had a no pets policy. So S couldn't go. And the hike was planned at six to seven hours, so there was no way we could leave him because there was nothing else to do.

So we went on a  quick, short hike that lasted for like an hour and half while S walked the doggo around. Took us 40 minutes to get up, 15 to get down, and we spent an hour taking photos, so many photos. I accidentally deleted all of M's photos but taught him how to recover them. There were two cute girls who kept wanting to talk to me and take their snapchat pics, an M suggested maybe I should get their contact information but I was not feelin' it, yannno?

Also there were several Nepali families in there.

Caught up with S, drove to a waterfall that I'd been to before with V, so I let S go down and again pet sat the doggo. So much fun. Took her to a little stream and just chilled, discovered that there's a tonne of tourist buses that go to Rainier in package.

We drove around for a while unsure where to go and what to do, lots of confusion, until somebody figured out an experimental forest, whatever that is. It looked extremely sus, like it was out of a horror movie, where nobody else went and strange creatures abound. We went in anyway, we did 6 mile walk roundtrip. It was mostly a drivable road, and some offroad hiking. Not too bad. We discovered this wonderful large waterfall that was a little dry than the best of times, but had lots of fun. S went underneath and took a shower. Doggo was hella worried he was going to drown and kept barking.

Super tired from all the walking and driving we headed back, hungry and wanting to eat at the first decent location. I found a great place in Tacoma called O Doyle's Soccer Bar, and we got dinner there. I got grilled cheese and tomato soup, poutine and fries for the table, and a round of drinks for the table. Because it had been a fun weekend. Ate, had merry, S bought us guiness-flavored ice-cream that nobody liked.

Happy, full content and very tired sleepy, we drove back, the folks dropped me home, and I fell asleep immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.