I'm pro Domino's now

 Regular readers of this rag will have noticed an on-and-off relationship that I have with Domino's the pizza chain. For the longest time ever I've been in the 'off' phase until quite recently. It's difficult with the chain because there's not great consistency across the stores, some bake great pies and cheesy breads, and some stores just half-ass their crusts and their service is the worst.

However, that all changed recently. Couple of days ago, I got a large 5-topping pizza from them for thirteen buckos. I usually get 2 3-topping ones for 5.99 each but the offer wasn't available at my store, which bummed me out but the large pizza deal was the next best sale they had, and that's what I went for. One half with three different kinds of meats, an extra kinda cheese and something else. The other half had five veggies, the half for me.

And maaan -- I've written this on the journal posts -- our family of four completely demolished that pie, without so much as pausing to breathe. It was cheesy, warm, soft, so very yummy, and the crust was rich in flavor, without being too flour-y as pies from even the best places sometimes tend to be. The spiciness combined with the cheesiness, the softness of the bread contrasting against the crackle of the base worked out so perfectly. Maybe I'm mad good at getting topping combos, but I could see a situation where no-good places would have messed it up. But not this one, the Pizza place on CapHill, it was perfect, no complaint.

So here is to Domino's, and loving every piece of it. Again. Until the next bad experience...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.