Maaaan writing so much all at the same time is stupid

I need to get back to writing four-five posts a day, on a proper schedule, for the sake of discipline yes but also it's boring to write this way. i don't want to think, I'm always on time pressure and no matter what format I come think about experimenting with, it doesn't last because there's only so many versions I can come for one joke. This is stupid. It's painful. It's not just inefficient, it's boring for myself and the reader and isn't helping with improving my writing abilities.

Such a large intimidating mass of content to produce, without a space to think and explore life, on a time schedule that I don't own in a physical space where there's little space for me is hard hard hard, and it's all coming to roost now. Forcing myself to write for one hour a day is annoying now, this wasn't supposed to be like this.

Which is all the more reason get my shit together as quickly as I can. I'm 'six days' of posts away from getting caught up, plus there's the regular laziness that hinders me from being on top of my game on a weekly basis.

My fiction writing has suffered the most because I can always concoct some mumbo jumbo personal drama bullshit and vomit out a thousand words or two, but when I need to be imaginative the work starts suffering. And fiction writing is where I want to be at because nobody wants to know about what I had for lunch and dinner everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.